When I got into my office this morning I had an email from our Wheelers Facebook account from Fr. John Triligilio, Jr. There is nothing that starts my day off better than getting a note from a customer like this. My relationship with Wheelers is similar to being married. In fact, my husband and I just had our 27th wedding anniversary and this November will be Wheelers 25th anniversary, so I guess it is very much like a marriage. You need to keep saying nice things to one another in order to keep the flame alive. Well, the note that Fr. Trigilio, Jr. sent us, keeps our flame alive and burning bright.
Fr. John Trigilio, Jr. wrote:
“SPECTACULAR service and SUPERB equipment.
Made my 600+ drive (roundtrip) from Harrisburg to Erie possible so my elderly mother could make two very crucial doctor appointments. Van road smoothly and comfortably (except for the horrible patch of road on the PA Turnpike; the Commonwealth has NERVE charging a toll for a road that rides like the moon) I HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone with a disabled loved one. Wish we had this 30 years ago when my brother Michael was alive. He died in 1992 from Muscular Dystrophy at age 26. If we had access to a van like I did last week through Wheelers, we could have taken him to many places and activities. God bless.”
It can be difficult to do the same thing day in and day out and keep enthusiastic for what you’re doing. But thanks to Fr. Trigilio, Jr., he’s reminded me of just why we do this. Wheelers has helped thousands of people around the world obtain accessible transportation. We have helped get the loved one to that crucial doctor’s appointment or taken the beloved husband for an ice cream cone, not knowing it would be the last one he would ever have.
Wheelers is a wonderful company and we try very hard to please and provide a service that everyone of our customers will appreciate. I know we have not always been 100% in that regard, but please know that it is not our intention to fall short of your expectations. We will continue to try hard and even harder to meet your demands and expectations.
Wheelers is for you, our mobility impaired friends. Our Slogan: “Go Where You Want, When You Want” is true of our goal and is what we are striving to do for you.
We’re good, and we’re getting better and better, everyday.
Wheelers has been one thing and one thing for almost 25 years. The answer is: Wheelers is the answer to the disabled traveler’s need for accessible wheelchair and scooter accessible transportation. In 1989, Wheelers was the first and only company in the country to offer this service and was the first company to expand into other states. These past 25 years have been the most exceptional years for the disabled person. We had always been told that we were “a head of our time” when we started Wheelers. The Americans with Disabilities Act had not even been thought of at that point.
Our business at that time was a non-emergency ambulance company that provided wheelchair and stretcher transports for patients from one location to another. It was one of our customers that had asked if they could rent our wheelchair transport van, without the driver, so they could drive their family member on their own. I thought, “now that’s a great idea”. So, the concept of Wheelers started because a customer had a need and voiced it. Much like how the ADA regulations got written. People voiced their needs and it was heard by people that had the power and passion to make it happen.
Wheelers is still full of passion today. We listen to you, our customers. We listen to what our customers would like to have or happen and what they need. What works for them and what they’d like to see changed. What locations you’d like to have Wheelers Accessible Van Rentals in and at what airport locations you request service. It’s not perfect yet, but we’re working on it. We started off with 2 vans in Glendale, Arizona in 1989 and today we have over 120 locations across the country and over 500 vehicles in our rental system.
We look forward to tomorrow and look forward with anticipation of what else Wheelers can do to breakdown travel barriers for our friends on wheels.
It’s our honor to be apart of such a great community.
1. Schedule your trip in advance. This is the best way to ensure you’ll get an accessible van for the time you need. Go over your trip plans and estimate how long you need to rent the van. Do you want to rent the van for a week? A few days? For a month?
2. Go to www.wheelersvanrentals.com and get an Instant Quote for the location of your choice. Wheelers will deliver the van to your house, to your business or to the airport wherever you’re arriving or where you need, or save money and pickup from the location closest to you. Use Wheelers Instant Quote webpage will provide you current rates and delivery fees, policies, how many free miles you get and what are the additional mileage fees.
3. Click on Continue and you can pick additional options to rent power wheelchairs and scooters, as well as other mobility equipment. Finish your Reservations request by in-putting your information and you will immediately receive a confirmation of your request via email with a recap of your request. The renting location will follow up with you to verify all the information and confirm with you that your Wheelers Van is available and will be ready for you.
4. Then contact your insurance company and check to see if you have rental car coverage. It’s cheaper to just add this coverage during the time you’ll be renting your Wheelers Van. Even if you have this coverage you may want to add Wheelers Renter’s Collision Damage Waiver. On Wheelers website, just click on Rental Car Insurance and purchase the coverage for CDW.
5. A few days prior to your rental, you might want to call and check on your reservation with the Wheelers location, just to ensure that everything is set and all your questions have been answered. When your trip is dependent upon accessible transportation, you’ll need to trust you’re renting a quality vehicle, from a quality company, that’s why renting from Wheelers is your answer to your transportation challenges.
– See more at: http://wheelersvanrentals.com/US/arizona-wheelchair-van-rentals/#sthash.mT7WrvWg.dpuf