Welcome to 2017 from Wheelers! The New Year is just days away, which means the festive month of December is coming to a quick close. Just because the holidays are over doesn’t mean the fun is over! There are plenty of ways to enjoy the cold and snowy winter season in Rhode Island. This list will give you ideas for your next winter adventure for you and your family. Wherever you want to go this winter, let Rhode Island wheelchair van rentals transport you to any destination.
Spend an afternoon at one of the many museums Rhode Island has to offer. Explore the treasures at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum. Or, venture a little further north and head up to Boston to spend the day at the Museum of Fine Arts, the Science Museum, or the Children’s Museum. Another fun option for the family is the Ecotarium in Worcester. Don’t forget about the aquariums, too. Biomes Marine Biology Center is the state’s largest aquarium featuring exhibits, feeding demonstrations, and family-friendly classes.
Rhode Island’s cold winter weather will make you crave snuggling up in a cozy space indulging in local comfort food. Seafood-focused pubs are infamous in any New England town. But there are also burger bars and foreign food that you can taste throughout the state. For cheap eats that are open late, head over to Harry’s Bar & Burger. They also have an extensive craft beer list if that’s your preference of poison. Pop over to the Brick Alley Pub, one of Newport’s restaurant staples. Located right on the downtown strip, they have 25 beers on tap, and an original “lobstacado” sandwich. If you want to splurge on seafood, Hemenway’s Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar is the place to go. They serve local seafood and a sophisticated wine list with a wall of windows looking out at the river.
Rogers Williams Park Zoo
The zoo doesn’t just have to be a summer outing. Roger Williams Park Zoo has lots to offer in the wintertime. Although some warmer climate animals are not on exhibit, some of the colder climate animals are very active in the winter months, too. Winter is a wonderful time to see some Snow Leopards. Additionally, the Zoo offers half-priced admission for guests in January and February.
Normal Bird Sanctuary
This beautiful 325-acre bird sanctuary and nature preserve overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. It also houses a natural history exhibit inside a barn. The trails are open all year-long and every other Sunday. You can take a two-hour guided bird walk and partake in other nature programs and events throughout the winter season. Be sure to check the website for current events going on.
With these wonderful winter options in the Ocean State, you don’t have to let the harsh weather get you down. We at Wheelers want to wish you a safe and happy new year. Don’t hesitate to contact us so you can go where you want, when you want. Give us a call today at 1 (800) 456-1371.
2017 is just around the corner, and many people have planned to spend new year’s eve visiting a new city. Should you be exploring a new city, and are in need of wheelchair van rentals get in touch with Wheelers today!
As the temperature drops, many flee to warmer places, and two of the most popular holiday destinations are L.A. and Miami, where the sun and the beach are close enough to keep you warm and relaxed, so you can celebrate the beginning of a new year in the best mood.
[Related topics: Kentucky wheelchair van rentals, Louisiana wheelchair van rentals, Wyoming wheelchair van rentals, North Dakota wheelchair van rentals, New York wheelchair van rentals]
As accessible travelling experts, here at Wheelers, we have the ultimate East Coast vs West Coast stand-off, with a guide of the best things to do in LA and Miami for the new year.
Where to eat
- The Melting Pot: Award-winning cheese fondue, artisanal breads and fresh veggies and fruits to share with friends and family.
- Devon Seafood + Steak: Prime steaks and fresh seafood with a great variety of wines to choose from.
- Kitchen: American Brasserie serving contemporary American dishes with seasonal, local ingredients of the best quality.
- Bourbon Steak: Their Michael Mina’s Lobster Pot Pie and their Duck Fat French Fries have become an icon of American cuisine.
- Hakkasan: Traditional Hong Kong food with items such as stir-fry, soups, congees, vegetables, and dumplings.
- 71Above: Patrons will enjoy free Billecart-Salmon Champagne, poached oysters, Prime New York steak, poached lobster, foie gras macaroon, and other delicacies along with a complimentary selection of wines.
- Baltaire – “Midnight in Paris”: Cheese carts and Chateaubriand will be the highlights of the night, along with caviar, Champagne, and a gypsy jazz live show.
- Norah – Ring in the New Year With Extravagant Cheer: A refined five-course menu that includes foie gras, caviar, and truffles paired with carefully selected beverages.
- S. TAQUERIA – New Year’s Eve Party: Unlimited traditional Mexican food and drinks with a DJ set spicing up the night.
- Doheny Room – Ring in New Year’s Gatsby Style: Party like it’s the 1920’s and have a Gatsby style dinner with balloon drop at midnight, Champagne tower and toast.
Where to party
- Nobu Eden Roc will host a New Year’s Eve Bash with the Knocks on Saturday, December 31.
- The New Year’s Eve Spectacle at River Yacht Club will start at 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 31.
- The Shore Club is presenting DJ Spider on Saturday, December 31. Free entry before 11 p.m. to first 200 RSVPs.
- Fred P a.k.a Black Jazz Consortium will be playing on Saturday, December 31, at the Electric Pickle.
- A Night in Cuba with Rev Run and DJ Ruckus will be live at Hyde Beach on Saturday, December 31.
- One of the “it” clubs of 2016, the 1OAK is throwing a New Year’s Eve party with 5 Hours of Premium Open Bar, a Champagne Toast at Midnight and top DJs.
- A hieroglyphics light show, go-go dancers, a heated courtyard, several DJs and an open bar are just a few of the things you will be able to enjoy at the Egyptian Theatre during the 8th Annual Cleopatra’s 2017 LA New Year’s Eve Ball.
- The 4th annual N.Y.E. L.A at Grand Park + The Music Center will have three stages with live music, DJs, Samba dancers, a Hip-Hop dance crew, live bands, free photo booths a wide range of food vendors and 3D digital video mapping on City Hall.
- DJs Raul Campos + Travis Holcombe will be in charge of the music at Viceroy Santa Monica’s NYE’s Twenty Sixteen Black + Gold Soiree.
- 3 top nightlife venues will be hosting the Hollywood NYE Block Party 2017, with a 5-hour open bar to keep the party heated and several other party flavors.
Bonus: New Year’s Eve Shows
- Pitbull’s New Year’s Revolution will be a free admission event, this Saturday, December 31.
- Willy Chirino will be live on Saturday, December 31, at Miccosukee Resort & Gaming.
- Billy Joel and Genesis will be in Rock The Block At The Waldorf-astoria Boca Raton Resort & Club on Saturday, December 31.
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach will host Justin Bieber’s live show Saturday, December 31.
- 2 Chainz will be live on Saturday, December 31, at Rockwell.
Check out the full list of shows on the Miami New Times.
- The stage at The Rockwell will host a for a Rocky Horror Parody Celebration on New Year’s Eve, with performers from television, film and Broadway and a Rocky Horror themed party after show.
- Citizen Cope, Cut Copy, St. Paul and the Broken Bone, DJs Big Data and Hirie will be performing at Downtown Long Beach on New Year’s Eve.
- Theatrical burlesque, live jazz ensembles and top DJs will be part of the Prohibition NYE at Union Station. Chicago-based trio, Autograf, is the headliner, along with the premium open bar, and their signature 60 ft. midnight ball-drop.
For more events in LA check out Forbes here.
If you’re travelling this NYE across America and you want to have the best accessible travelling experience, get in touch with us immediately to make a reservation. As a fully operative California wheelchair van rentals agency and Florida wheelchair van rentals company, we’re ready to help you go where you want, when you want. Call us today at 800-456-1371.