Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Tucson, Arizona
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Tucson, AZ
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Tucson and its surrounding areas.
“This was my first time renting an accessible van in Tucson. My dad lost his ability to walk in January and had to go to a group home. So he hadn’t been in a car since last December. On the phone, he kept telling me how he missed going for rides in the countryside around Tucson. So when I went down to visit him, I rented an accessible van from Wheelers.
I was bit worried about how to get my dad’s wheelchair into the van. But the person at the pickup location showed me everything I needed to do to put down the ramp and tie down the wheelchair safely. When I picked up my dad, I was able to wheel him into the van and lock down the wheelchair in five minutes.
My dad was very happy to get out and drive. I haven’t seen him that happy in a long time. I’m so glad that Wheelers gave me that opportunity to make my dad happy on his 90th birthday.“
“We were so happy to be able to get around independently on our visit to Tuscan. Wheelers made everything easy.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at email@example.com.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Tucson, Arizona
Tucson, Arizona, is a vibrant city located in the southern part of the state, about two hours southeast of Phoenix. Known for its rich history, diverse culture, and stunning natural scenery, Tucson offers something for visitors of all ages and interests. The city is home to several museums, including the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Pima Air & Space Museum, as well as numerous art galleries and performance venues. Tucson is also a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with opportunities for hiking, rock climbing, and biking in the nearby mountains and deserts. Looking for additional wheelchair van rental locations?
Important Information Before Visiting Tucson
If you’re planning a trip to Tucson, Arizona, here are some important things to keep in mind before you go:
- Weather: Tucson has a desert climate, with hot summers and mild winters. Be prepared for hot temperatures in the summer months, and bring sunscreen, a hat, and lightweight clothing to protect yourself from the strong desert sun.
- Transportation: Tucson is a spread-out city, so having a van can be helpful for getting around the area.
- Accommodations: Tucson has a range of accommodations, from budget-friendly options to high-end resorts. It’s a good idea to book your accommodations in advance, especially during peak season.
Tucson, Arizona, has a diverse and vibrant food scene that is heavily influenced by its Southwestern and Mexican heritage. Here are some types of food that Tucson is particularly known for, along with some restaurant recommendations:
- El Charro Café: A Tucson institution that has been serving Mexican food since 1922, known for its carne seca and green corn tamales.
- Taqueria Pico de Gallo: A casual spot that offers a range of delicious and affordable tacos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes.
- Mi Nidito: A family-owned restaurant that serves up classic Sonoran-style dishes, including carne asada and green chile enchiladas.
Tucson, Arizona, offers a variety of hotels and accommodations to suit every taste and budget. Here are some types of hotels that you can find in the area, along with some recommendations:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain: A luxurious desert resort located just outside Tucson, offering multiple pools, a spa, and fine dining options.
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa: A luxurious wellness retreat located just outside Tucson, offering a range of spa services, fitness classes, and healthy dining options.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tucson Airport: A budget-friendly hotel located near Tucson’s airport, offering a complimentary breakfast and outdoor pool.
Tucson, Arizona, offers many wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations that can be enjoyed by visitors with mobility impairments. Here are some examples of popular attractions that are accessible to wheelchair users:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum: The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum offers exhibits on the flora and fauna of the Sonoran Desert. The museum is fully accessible, with paved pathways and wheelchair-accessible restrooms.
- Pima Air & Space Museum: The Pima Air & Space Museum offers exhibits on the history of aviation and space exploration. The museum is fully accessible, with wheelchair-accessible walkways and restrooms.
- Saguaro National Park: Saguaro National Park offers hiking trails and opportunities to view the iconic saguaro cactus. The park has several wheelchair-accessible trails and restrooms, as well as designated accessible parking spaces.
Tucson, Arizona, has a desert climate, with hot summers and mild winters. Here’s a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Tucson throughout the year:
Summer (June-September): Summers in Tucson are hot and dry, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-90s to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s important to stay hydrated and avoid outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day. Lightweight, breathable clothing and sunscreen are essential.
Fall (October-November): Fall in Tucson is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.
Winter (December-February): Winters in Tucson are mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-40s to mid-60s Fahrenheit. It can get cool at night, so it’s a good idea to pack a light jacket or sweater.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Tucson is mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.