Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Los Angeles, California
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Los Angeles, CA
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Los Angeles and its surrounding areas.
“Finding accessible vehicles for rental is not an easy task,and also at a reasonable price makes it all the more difficult. But I cannot recommend this company, highly enough. The SUV was roomy enough for a large power chair,it was in good condition, extremely easy to drive. We had enough room for us and all our luggage. The Ricon restraint system for the chair was easy to use. We had a generous 2000 miles for our two week rental, and we managed to visit a large area of California on our roadtrip.”
“They made my friend’s birthday trip to SeaWorld a complete success. The van was safe and comfortable and had all of the necessary equipment to properly secure her chair while traveling and the ramp was perfect.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, also known as LA, is a large and diverse city located in Southern California, USA. With a population of over 4 million people, LA is the second-most populous city in the United States, and it is known for its rich cultural heritage, diverse neighborhoods, and thriving entertainment industry. A has a long history that dates back to the late 1700s, when it was founded as a small Spanish pueblo. Today, the city is a hub for commerce, entertainment, and culture, and it attracts millions of visitors each year. You can see more van rental locations here.
Important Information Before Visiting Los Angeles
If you are planning a trip to Los Angeles, there are a few important things to keep in mind before you go:
- Traffic: LA is known for its heavy traffic, especially during rush hour. If you plan to drive during your visit, be prepared for congestion and plan extra time for travel.
- Weather: Los Angeles has a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and hot summers. However, the weather can vary depending on the time of year and location within the city. Be sure to check the forecast and pack accordingly.
- Safety: As with any large city, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. Avoid being alone at night in unfamiliar areas, and keep valuables out of sight.
Los Angeles is known for its diverse and exciting food scene, with a wide variety of cuisines and dining options available. The city is home to many different cultures and communities, and this is reflected in its cuisine.
Here are some types of food that Los Angeles is particularly known for, along with some restaurant recommendations:
- Guelaguetza: This Oaxacan restaurant in Koreatown offers delicious tlayudas, mole dishes, and mezcal cocktails.
- Howlin’ Ray’s: This popular eatery in Chinatown serves up Nashville-style hot chicken sandwiches and sides.
- In-N-Out Burger: A classic LA institution, In-N-Out is known for its simple yet delicious burgers and fries.
Los Angeles has a wide variety of hotels to suit every taste and budget, ranging from luxurious high-end hotels to budget-friendly options. Here is a brief description of some of the types of hotels you can find in Los Angeles:
- The Beverly Hills Hotel: A historic and iconic hotel in Beverly Hills, this property offers luxurious accommodations, beautiful gardens, and a poolside restaurant.
- Hotel Covell: A chic and intimate hotel in Los Feliz, Hotel Covell offers stylish suites with a vintage Hollywood vibe.
- The Line Hotel: Located in Koreatown, The Line offers trendy rooms, a rooftop pool and bar, and multiple restaurants and bars.
Los Angeles has many wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations that can be enjoyed by visitors with mobility impairments. Here are some examples of popular attractions that are accessible to wheelchair users:
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios offers many accessible attractions and rides, with wheelchair and companion seating available. The park also has accessible parking and restrooms, as well as an accessibility guide available on their website.
- Getty Center: This art museum in Brentwood offers accessible parking, entrances, and elevators, as well as wheelchairs and assistive listening devices available for use. The museum also has accessible restrooms and seating areas.
- Griffith Observatory: This iconic observatory in Griffith Park offers accessible parking and restrooms, as well as ramps and elevators throughout the facility. The observatory also offers assistive listening devices and wheelchair rentals.
Los Angeles has a Mediterranean climate, with mild, wet winters and warm, dry summers. The city enjoys plenty of sunshine throughout the year, with an average of 292 sunny days per year.
Here’s a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Los Angeles throughout the year:
Winter (December-February): Winters in Los Angeles are mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-40s to mid-60s Fahrenheit. Rainfall is common during this time, so it’s a good idea to pack a raincoat or umbrella.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Los Angeles is mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.
Summer (June-August): Summers in Los Angeles are warm and dry, with average temperatures in the mid-70s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack lightweight clothing, sunscreen, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
Fall (September-November): Fall in Los Angeles is generally mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.