Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Orange County/Costa Mesa, California
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Orange County/Costa Mesa, CA
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Orange County and its surrounding areas.
“Wheelers is the Best! Affordable, easy to work with and the staff is very friendly and professional!”
“Wheeler’s made our trip to Big Bear as easy as possible! They are so professional and think of everything! Jenna and Tony were fantastic! I highly recommend their service and will surely use them again!“
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Orange County/Costa Mesa, CA
Costa Mesa is a city located in Orange County, California, USA. It is situated approximately midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, making it a convenient location for visitors looking to explore the region. Orange County is known for its beautiful beaches, upscale shopping, and vibrant arts and culture scene. Click here to see more van rental locations in the state.
Important Information Before Visiting Orange County/Costa Mesa
If you are planning a trip to Orange County and Costa Mesa, there are a few important things to keep in mind before you go:
- Transportation: Orange County has a well-developed public transportation system, including buses and trains. However, having a car can be helpful for getting around the area, especially if you plan to visit multiple destinations.
- Weather: Orange County has a mild, Mediterranean climate, with warm, dry summers and mild winters. Be sure to check the forecast and pack accordingly.
- Safety: Orange County is generally a safe place to visit, but as with any destination, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. Keep valuables out of sight and avoid walking alone at night in unfamiliar areas.
Orange County and Costa Mesa offer a diverse and exciting food scene, with a variety of cuisines and dining options available. Here are some types of food that Orange County/Costa Mesa is particularly known for, along with some restaurant recommendations:
- The Crab Cooker: A Newport Beach institution, The Crab Cooker offers fresh seafood dishes like clam chowder, fish and chips, and lobster tail.
- Water Grill: A high-end seafood restaurant in Costa Mesa, Water Grill offers a variety of fresh seafood dishes and an extensive wine list.
- Anjin: A popular Japanese steakhouse in Costa Mesa, Anjin offers high-quality cuts of steak and other Japanese dishes like tempura and sashimi.
Orange County and Costa Mesa offer a range of hotel options, from luxury resorts to budget-friendly accommodations. Here are some types of hotels that you can find in the area, along with some recommendations:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel: A luxury resort in Dana Point, The Ritz-Carlton offers ocean-view rooms, a spa, and multiple dining options.
- The Wayfarer Costa Mesa: A stylish and affordable boutique hotel in Costa Mesa, The Wayfarer offers private and dorm-style rooms, as well as a pool and communal kitchen.
- Hotel Joaquin: A boutique hotel in Laguna Beach, Hotel Joaquin offers upscale accommodations and a beachfront location.
Orange County and Costa Mesa offer many wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations that can be enjoyed by visitors with mobility impairments. Here are some examples of popular attractions that are accessible to wheelchair users:
- Disneyland: Disneyland has many accessible attractions and rides, with wheelchair and companion seating available. The park also has accessible parking and restrooms, as well as an accessibility guide available on their website.
- Huntington Beach: This popular beach destination has accessible parking and restrooms, as well as a paved boardwalk that can be enjoyed by wheelchair users. There are also beach wheelchairs available for rental.
- Laguna Beach: Another popular beach destination, Laguna Beach offers accessible parking, restrooms, and ramps to the beach. The city also offers beach wheelchairs for rental.
Orange County and Costa Mesa have a mild, Mediterranean climate, with warm, dry summers and mild winters. Here’s a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Orange County/Costa Mesa throughout the year:
Winter (December-February): Winters in Orange County/Costa Mesa are mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-40s to mid-60s Fahrenheit. Rainfall is common during this time, so it’s a good idea to pack a raincoat or umbrella.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Orange County/Costa Mesa is mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.
Summer (June-August): Summers in Orange County/Costa Mesa are warm and dry, with average temperatures in the mid-70s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack lightweight clothing, sunscreen, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
Fall (September-November): Fall in Orange County/Costa Mesa is generally mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.