Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Palm Springs, California
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Palm Springs, CA
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Palm Springs and its surrounding areas.
PALM SPRINGS, CA
777 E Tahquitz Canyon Way #200-38
Palm Springs, CA 92262
*Delivers to Palm Springs Airport and surrounding areas.
“Staff are friendly and helpful, the process is easy, the van worked perfectly. We’ll definitely use this company again.“
“Your staff was so professional, thorough & kind. I knew what to do every step of the way, even though it was contactless. The Vans are functional, clean, & well-maintained. They made what was an arduous task for my loved one on wheels a breeze. & Most of all they made a 93 year-old’s Thanksgiving! Thank you Wheelers!!! You can count on us returning every holiday!!!“
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Palm Springs, CA
Palm Springs is a desert resort city located in Southern California, USA. With its beautiful natural surroundings and unique blend of outdoor activities, architecture, art, and relaxation, it has become a popular destination for visitors to the area. Palm Springs is known for its hot springs, golf courses, mid-century modern architecture, and outdoor activities like hiking, golfing, and tennis. The city has a variety of museums and galleries showcasing art, history, and culture, as well as shopping and dining options.
Important Information Before Visiting Palm Springs
If you are planning a trip to Palm Springs, here are a few important things to keep in mind before you go:
- Weather: Palm Springs has a hot desert climate, with extremely high temperatures in the summer months. It’s important to stay hydrated and avoid outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day. Bring lightweight clothing and sunscreen to protect yourself from the strong desert sun.
- Transportation: Palm Springs is a spread-out city, so having a wheelchair accessible van can be helpful for getting around the area.
- Accommodations: Palm Springs has a variety of hotel and resort options, ranging from budget-friendly to high-end luxury. It’s a good idea to book your accommodations in advance, especially during peak season.
Palm Springs offers a diverse and exciting food scene, with a variety of cuisines and dining options available. Here are some types of food that Palm Springs is particularly known for, along with some restaurant recommendations:
- Workshop Kitchen + Bar: A farm-to-table restaurant in downtown Palm Springs, Workshop offers a seasonal menu of California-inspired dishes.
- Cheeky’s: A popular breakfast and brunch spot in Palm Springs, Cheeky’s offers a variety of creative dishes made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
- El Mirasol Cocina Mexicana: A family-owned Mexican restaurant in Palm Springs, El Mirasol offers delicious tacos, burritos, and other traditional dishes.
Palm Springs has a wide variety of hotels and resorts to suit every budget and preference, from historic boutique hotels to luxury resorts. Here are some recommendations of hotels that you can find in the area:
- The Parker Palm Springs: A luxury boutique hotel with retro-chic décor, The Parker Palm Springs offers a range of amenities, including a spa, multiple pools, and dining options.
- La Quinta Resort & Club: A luxury resort located in La Quinta, just outside of Palm Springs, La Quinta offers multiple golf courses, a spa, and a range of dining options.
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa: A luxury resort located in Palm Desert, JW Marriott Desert Springs offers multiple pools, a spa, and a range of dining options.
Palm Springs offers many wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations that can be enjoyed by visitors with mobility impairments. Here are some examples of popular attractions that are accessible to wheelchair users:
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway offers breathtaking views of the Coachella Valley and surrounding mountains. The tramway has wheelchair-accessible cars, and the Mountain Station is fully accessible, with ramps and elevators.
- Palm Springs Art Museum: The Palm Springs Art Museum offers a variety of exhibits showcasing art and culture from the Palm Springs area and beyond. The museum is fully accessible, with ramps, elevators, and accessible restrooms.
- Indian Canyons: The Indian Canyons offer hiking trails and natural beauty, with several trails that are accessible to wheelchair users. The Andreas Canyon Trail and the Murray Canyon Trail are both accessible, with paved paths and gentle grades.
Palm Springs has a hot desert climate, with extremely high temperatures in the summer months and mild winters. Here’s a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Palm Springs throughout the year:
Summer (June-September): Summers in Palm Springs are hot and dry, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-90s to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s important to stay hydrated and avoid outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day. Lightweight, breathable clothing and sunscreen are essential.
Fall (October-November): Fall in Palm Springs is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.
Winter (December-February): Winters in Palm Springs are mild, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-40s to mid-70s Fahrenheit. It can get cool at night, so it’s a good idea to pack a light jacket or sweater.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Palm Springs is mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to mid-80s Fahrenheit. It’s a good idea to pack layers, as temperatures can vary throughout the day.
Other California Pick-up Locations
SAN DIEGO, CA
SD Wally Park
3298 Kettner Blvd
San Diego, CA 92101
*Delivers to San Diego Airport and surrounding areas.
LOS ANGELES, CA
6151 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045
*Delivers to LAX Airport, Anaheim, and surrounding areas (accessible shuttle for LAX).
ORANGE COUNTY / COSTA MESA, CA
3195 Airport Loop Dr Ste D2
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
*Delivered To Your Door Delivers to John Wayne Airport and surrounding areas.
109 Lee Rd Ste D, Watsonville, CA 92101
*Delivers to San Jose Airport and surrounding areas.