Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Fort Lauderdale, FL
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Fort Lauderdale and its surrounding areas.
“Oh my goodness, I can’t say enough wonderful things about this company. What a great idea, renting wheelchair vans! They made our trip to Disney World such a great experience. The van was practically brand new. It operated so easily. I had never operated a wheelchair van before and their helpful videos showed me exactly what to do. I would recommend this company to anyone who has a family member in a wheelchair.”
“The van was at the airport waiting for my arrival. It was clean and although it had a manual ramp and a manual door, to my surprise, I was still able to operate it very easily. Loved the people on the phone too. Very professional and helpful.”
“The rental was so easy from beginning to end. I highly recommend using this company! Their prices and customer service cant be beat!”
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at email@example.com.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a popular tourist destination located on Florida’s southeastern coast. The city is known for its beautiful beaches, canals, and yachting culture, earning it the nickname “Venice of America.” Fort Lauderdale is also home to a thriving arts and culture scene, with several museums, galleries, and performing arts venues. Visitors can enjoy water sports such as kayaking and paddleboarding, as well as fishing and boat tours. The city also has a vibrant nightlife, with several bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. Fort Lauderdale is a popular destination for families, couples, and solo travelers alike, offering something for everyone. Find more places to rent a wheelchair van here.
Important Information Before Visiting Fort Lauderdale
Here are some important things to keep in mind before visiting Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- Weather: Fort Lauderdale has a subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. Visitors should be prepared for hot and humid weather if visiting during the summer months.
- Beaches: Fort Lauderdale is known for its beautiful beaches, but visitors should be aware of beach conditions, including rip currents and jellyfish, and follow posted signs and warnings.
- Transportation: Fort Lauderdale has several transportation options, including public transit, ride-share services, and bike rentals. Visitors may also want to consider renting a car to explore the surrounding area.
Fort Lauderdale has a diverse and vibrant food scene, with a range of international cuisines and seafood options being some of the city’s specialties. Here are a few popular restaurants to try in Fort Lauderdale:
- Coconuts: Coconuts is a casual waterfront restaurant located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach. The menu features fresh seafood, burgers, and salads, and diners can enjoy views of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The Foxy Brown: The Foxy Brown is a trendy brunch spot located in downtown Fort Lauderdale. The menu features Southern-inspired dishes such as fried chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, and biscuits and gravy.
- Kaluz: Kaluz is a waterfront restaurant with a modern American menu featuring fresh seafood, steaks, and salads. Diners can enjoy views of the Intracoastal Waterway from the restaurant’s outdoor patio.
Fort Lauderdale offers a wide range of hotel options to suit different tastes and budgets. Here are a few popular hotels to consider when visiting:
- The W Fort Lauderdale: This trendy beachfront hotel offers stylish rooms and suites with ocean views, as well as on-site dining options, an outdoor pool, and a spa.
- The Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale: This upscale hotel is located on the beach and offers luxurious rooms and suites with ocean views, as well as on-site dining options, a spa, and a rooftop pool.
- The Pillars Hotel: This boutique hotel is located on the Intracoastal Waterway and offers elegant rooms and suites with waterfront views, as well as an outdoor pool and on-site dining.
Fort Lauderdale has several wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations to explore. Here are a few recommendations:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach: The beach is easily accessible via several beach entrances with ramps and designated wheelchair-accessible parking spots. Visitors can also rent beach wheelchairs from various locations along the beach.
- Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale: The Riverwalk is a scenic walkway along the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale that is wheelchair-accessible. The walkway features several parks, art installations, and restaurants.
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens: The Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is a historic house and gardens that offers wheelchair-accessible tours of the property. The gardens feature several walking paths with accessible ramps.
Fort Lauderdale has a subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. Here is a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Fort Lauderdale throughout the year:
Summer (June-September): Summers in Fort Lauderdale are hot and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the low-90s Fahrenheit. Thunderstorms and rainfall are common during this time.
Fall (October-November): Fall in Fort Lauderdale is warm and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. Hurricane season also occurs during this time, so it’s important to stay updated on any potential storms.
Winter (December-February): Winters in Fort Lauderdale are mild and dry, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a great time to visit the area for those who prefer cooler temperatures.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Fort Lauderdale is warm and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. Thunderstorms are also common during this time.