Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Dover, Florida
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Dover, FL
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Dover and its surrounding areas.
“Oh my goodness, I can’t say enough wonderful things about this company. What a great idea, renting wheelchair vans! They made our trip to Disney World such a great experience. The van was practically brand new. It operated so easily. I had never operated a wheelchair van before and their helpful videos showed me exactly what to do. I would recommend this company to anyone who has a family member in a wheelchair.”
“The van was at the airport waiting for my arrival. It was clean and although it had a manual ramp and a manual door, to my surprise, I was still able to operate it very easily. Loved the people on the phone too. Very professional and helpful.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at email@example.com.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Dover, FL
Dover, Florida is a small community located in eastern Hillsborough County, Florida. The town has a rural feel with a mix of residential homes, small businesses, and agricultural lands. Dover is known for its strawberry farms and hosts an annual Strawberry Festival in the spring. Other popular local attractions include the Hillsborough River State Park, which offers hiking trails, camping, and canoeing opportunities, and the Alafia River State Park, which is popular for mountain biking and off-road trails. The town is also home to several small, locally-owned restaurants and businesses. Overall, Dover offers a relaxed, small-town feel with plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation and exploring the natural beauty of Florida. Check out more of our van rental locations here.
Important Information Before Visiting Dover
Here are some important things to keep in mind before visiting Dover, FL:
- Weather: Dover has a subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. Visitors should be prepared for hot and humid weather if visiting during the summer months.
- Transportation: Public transportation options in Dover are limited, so visitors will likely need to rely on their own vehicle or a rental car to get around.
- Outdoor activities: Dover is known for its natural beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities. Visitors should pack appropriate gear and footwear for hiking, camping, canoeing, and mountain biking.
Dover, FL is a small town with a limited number of restaurants, but there are a few local eateries that offer tasty, home-style cooking. Many of these restaurants specialize in Southern cuisine and use fresh, local ingredients whenever possible. Here are a few popular restaurants to try in Dover:
- Fred’s Market Restaurant: Fred’s Market Restaurant is a family-owned restaurant that serves classic Southern dishes such as fried chicken, collard greens, and cornbread. The restaurant is known for its buffet-style service and use of fresh, local ingredients.
- Johnson Barbeque: Johnson Barbeque is a small, family-owned restaurant that specializes in slow-cooked barbecue. The menu features classic barbecue dishes such as pulled pork, brisket, and ribs, as well as sides like baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
- Fresh Harvest Cafe: Fresh Harvest Cafe is a farm-to-table restaurant that serves a variety of fresh, healthy dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. The menu features salads, sandwiches, and entrees such as grilled chicken and roasted vegetables.
Dover is a small town with limited accommodation options. Visitors to the area may want to consider nearby cities such as Tampa or Brandon for a wider range of hotels and vacation rentals. However, here are a few hotel recommendations that are located within a short drive of Dover:
- Comfort Suites Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino: This hotel is located about 10 miles from Dover and offers spacious suites with separate living areas and kitchenettes. Hotel amenities include a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, and outdoor pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon: This hotel is located about 15 miles from Dover and offers modern guest rooms and suites with mini fridges and microwaves. Hotel amenities include an on-site restaurant, fitness center, and outdoor pool.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City: This hotel is located about 20 miles from Dover and offers comfortable guest rooms and suites with mini fridges and microwaves. Hotel amenities include a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, and outdoor pool.
Dover, FL is a small town with limited tourist destinations, but there are a few wheelchair-friendly attractions in the surrounding area. Here are a few recommendations:
- Hillsborough River State Park: Hillsborough River State Park is located about 10 miles from Dover and offers several wheelchair-accessible trails and boardwalks, as well as accessible campsites and picnic areas.
- Alafia River State Park: Alafia River State Park is located about 15 miles from Dover and offers several wheelchair-accessible trails, including the 1.5-mile Rock Garden Trail.
- Florida Aquarium: The Florida Aquarium is located about 20 miles from Dover in Tampa and is fully wheelchair-accessible. The aquarium features several exhibits showcasing Florida’s marine life, including sharks, sea turtles, and coral reefs.
Dover, FL has a humid subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. Here is a breakdown of the typical weather and climate in Dover throughout the year:
Summer (June-September): Summers in Dover are hot and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the low-90s Fahrenheit. Thunderstorms and rainfall are common during this time.
Fall (October-November): Fall in Dover is warm and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. Hurricane season also occurs during this time, so it’s important to stay updated on any potential storms.
Winter (December-February): Winters in Dover are mild and dry, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-40s to the mid-70s Fahrenheit. It’s a great time to visit the area for those who prefer cooler temperatures.
Spring (March-May): Spring in Dover is warm and humid, with average temperatures ranging from the mid-60s to the mid-80s Fahrenheit. Thunderstorms are also common during this time.