Your go to resource for daily, weekly, weekend, & monthly handicap van rentals
Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals in Orlando, Florida
Reserve Your Wheelchair Accessible Van In Orlando, FL
This location provides handicap-accessible van rentals in Orlando and its surrounding areas.
“Very good communication before and after I received the car. Easy to pick up. Great driving car comfortable for handicapped person to get in/out.”
“Fantastic service and great price. So many times as a disabled person, we wind up having to pay much more to satisfy our requirements. Wheelers Van rental was very reasonable in all aspects of this rental. Clear instructions for pick up, drop off and overall vehicle instructions.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What You'll Need
To rent a wheelchair van, you will need:
- To be at least 23 years of age
- Hold a valid US driver’s license
- Be able to meet and provide proof of our required minimum coverage levels of collision and comprehensive auto insurance
- Have a valid credit card
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO RENT A WHEELERS VAN
It’s so easy. You can follow the website to get a quote and to make your reservation online, or you can give us a call at 800-456-1371 or 623-776-8830 and make your reservation for any of our locations nationwide. If you have a question or two and want to just get a quick answer, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s your daily mileage policy?
150 free miles per day is included in your rental. Any overage is at .35 cents per extra mile or .50 cents a mile if going out of state or more than 250 miles away from your rental location. With a max of 2000 miles a month.
Do you deliver?
Yes, Wheelers delivers to most major airports and local locations of your choice. All Wheelers deliveries are done by a third party and are subject to additional fees and availability.
How Long Can I rent?
We rent by the day, week, weekend, and month. A minimum of one day may be required at select locations. The longer you rent the cheaper the base rate (restrictions apply). All reservations that include a holiday require a 3-day minimum rental.
What types of vans are available?
We supply Dodge Grand Caravans and MV-1s at most locations across the country – availability will determine which van is assigned to you. Should you have a preference, please call Wheelers at least a week before your rental to ensure we can accommodate your request.
Do you have insurance? Can I purchase Insurance?
All renters are required to have full coverage insurance that covers rental vehicles. We do offer liability waivers for additional coverage; however, we do not offer these waivers in the following states:
California, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Texas.
All international customers are required to purchase both waivers.
Will an electric scooter fit in the vans?
Most standard electric scooters fit in both our MV-1 and Dodge models. However, it is the responsibility of the renter to ensure the van meets the requirements of their equipment. Dimensions of our vehicles can be provided upon request.
What is the cancellation policy?
You may cancel your reservation at any time.
Local Pick Up: When cancelling a local pick up reservation cancelling with more than 2 days prior to the start date all fees will be returned. Cancelling 2 days or less than the start date no refund is provided, but a credit* of rental fees minus $100.
Delivery Reservations: Cancelling more than 3 days prior to the start date of your reservation will result in a full refund of the rental fees. Cancelling 3 days or less will result in a credit* of rental fees minus a $100 fee.
Any Reservation that includes a Major Holiday is noncancellable and no credit will be provided for the reservation in its entirety.
*Credits are good up to 1 year from reservation start date at any corporate location.
How can I pay?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Payment is due at time of booking.
Can I take my Van One-Way?
Yes, Wheelers does allow one-way travel. However, minimums apply and a return fee may be applied. Please contact our office for further details.
Can I take my van outside of the U.S.?
At this time under NO circumstances are our vans allowed to leave the U.S. By doing so it may result in loss of deposit and other fees.
How much does it cost to rent a van?
Wheelers rates vary based on location and time of year. However, our rates include daily, weekly, and monthly rates. Needing it only for a weekend? No problem! We have weekend rates to suit your needs too! We also price match guarantee! Make sure you get the best rate possible! Call our associates to hear all of the current promotions and pricing or simply click here to request a quote.
No Rental Insurance? No Problem!
Take care of all your rental logistics before you embark on your trip! Protect yourself with rental insurance and get better coverage for a fraction of the cost.
Eliminate exposure to unknown drivers and crowded waiting rooms, simply book online and gain access to your own personal handicap van.
Drive on demand with our modified minivans located in neighborhoods, cities, and airports across the country.
Enjoy the highest standards of care and cleanliness with our accessible vans purpose built for your safety and comfort.
About Fort Lauderdale, FL
Orlando is a popular tourist destination located in central Florida. The city is known for its theme parks, with Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando among the most famous. Visitors can also explore other attractions such as museums, botanical gardens, and wildlife parks. Beyond the theme parks, Orlando has a thriving arts and culture scene, with several museums, galleries, and performing arts venues. The city also offers a range of dining and shopping options, as well as outdoor activities such as golfing and fishing. Overall, Orlando is a popular destination for families and tourists of all ages, offering something for everyone to enjoy. We have van rental locations throughout the state and across the country!
Important Information Before Visiting Orlando
Here are some important things to keep in mind before visiting Orlando, FL:
- Theme park reservations: If you plan to visit any of the major theme parks in Orlando, be sure to check their reservation policies and make your reservations in advance. Many parks require visitors to book a specific date and time to ensure proper capacity and social distancing.
- Weather: Orlando has a humid subtropical climate, with hot and rainy summers and mild winters. Be sure to check the weather forecast and pack accordingly, including rain gear if visiting during the rainy season.
- Transportation: While Orlando does have public transportation options such as buses and trains, the most convenient way to get around is often by car.
Orlando has a diverse and thriving food scene, with options ranging from international cuisine to classic American fare. Here are a few recommendations for dining in Orlando:
- Ravenous Pig: This gastropub offers elevated pub fare and craft cocktails in a cozy atmosphere.
- Se7en Bites: This bakery and cafe is known for its delicious breakfast dishes and baked goods, including biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, and cakes.
- The Osprey Tavern: This upscale restaurant offers a menu of seasonal American dishes with a focus on locally sourced ingredients.
Orlando has a wide range of hotels to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are a few recommendations for hotels in Orlando:
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort: This luxury resort offers spacious rooms, multiple dining options, and a range of amenities including a spa, golf course, and water park.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando: This elegant hotel offers upscale accommodations and amenities, including a championship golf course, luxury spa, and multiple dining options.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: This Italian-themed resort offers comfortable rooms and suites, multiple swimming pools, and easy access to Universal Orlando Resort.
Orlando has a range of wheelchair-friendly tourist destinations, including:
- Walt Disney World Resort: Disney offers a variety of accessibility services and resources, including wheelchair rentals, accessible transportation, and special accommodations for guests with disabilities.
- Universal Orlando Resort: Universal also offers a range of accessibility services, including wheelchair rentals, accessible transportation, and assistance with boarding attractions.
- Orlando Science Center: This interactive science museum offers accessible exhibits and facilities, including elevators, ramps, and accessible parking.
Orlando, Florida has a humid subtropical climate with hot and humid summers and mild winters. Here is a breakdown of the weather in Orlando by season:
- Spring (March to May): During the spring months, temperatures in Orlando are mild, with average high temperatures ranging from the mid-70s°F (24°C) in March to the mid-80s°F (29°C) in May. The weather is generally sunny and pleasant, but occasional rain showers can occur.
- Summer (June to August): Summers in Orlando are hot and humid, with average high temperatures in the low 90s°F (32°C). The humidity can make it feel even hotter, and afternoon thunderstorms are common. Visitors should be prepared for high temperatures and frequent rain showers during the summer months.
- Fall (September to November): The fall months in Orlando are typically warm, with average high temperatures ranging from the mid-80s°F (29°C) in September to the mid-70s°F (24°C) in November. The weather is generally sunny and pleasant, with occasional rain showers.
- Winter (December to February): Winters in Orlando are mild, with average high temperatures around 70°F (21°C) and cooler evenings. While temperatures rarely drop below freezing, occasional cold fronts can bring cooler temperatures and breezy conditions. Rain is also common during the winter months.